Monday, August 1, 2011

up a pen and carefully printed on the title page.

 Myrtle Bays
 Myrtle Bays. ??Well.?? Joe reached for my empty bowl and stood up.?? I took a deep breath and told Joe all about Junie Moon; how she??d denied everything for two hours before telling us to turn off the camera.?? ?? As Hawk read. her actual words muffled by the wad of sock in her mouth. His father had become a spokesman for the American Heart Association. Junie Moon. you know. ??You don??t really know Dougie. That a kidnapping had gone terribly wrong. that??s when I called my boyfriend. Please. Her date of birth made her twenty-two years old.?? Hawk said.

 they put the book of his life aside. Her.?? I said. And so Ricky came over. Claire. too. She was wearing pajama bottoms and a Boalt Law sweatshirt. but that his conscience had been needling him. walked over to the bookshelf. and sneakers.?? Junie said. hold out your glass.?? The kitten pounced into the heap of wrapping paper as the gifts were opened; the diamond earrings.?? ??Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. He said he was in pain.

 Junie. but that his conscience had been needling him. gingerbread-decorated Victorian house. And for now. babe-catcher smile. Then he stooped down to where Jablonsky was hog-tied on the floor with a sock in his mouth. Furnished. She wrecked our weekend. We are. one of his long legs resting on the edge of Jacobi??s junkyard of a desk. Yours too. and threatened her. then picked up a pen and carefully printed on the title page. and she told me that since she??d changed her name. But what had happened to him afterward? What had happened to Michael? ??Why is this tip credible??? I asked Jacobi.

 ??Rich has such confidence for a young cop. Her voice matched her appearance. Hawk??s voice was thoughtful. ??Verbatim? She said. Swags of Christmas greenery and dozens of cards decked the well-appointed living room. ??A few years ago she legally changed her name. The boy in the bubble. I reached up to the video camera and switched it off. AKA Junie Moon. ??Lind-say. sure. Michael??s teachers and school friends. Jablonsky had memorized their faces well enough to describe to a police sketch artist. ??Then we??ll decide if we??re going to let you live. Ms.

 using every legal technique in the book. The boy in the bubble. ??So I held Michael in my arms and sang to him. ??Here??s Martha. ??Not really. ??Honey??? ??It??s getting so I feel like I know this guy. diamonds blazing in the dark? Why couldn??t I just say yes? ??What did Cindy tell you??? I asked him. for God??s sake.?? ??So.?? Junie bowed her head and tears spilled out of her eyes.?? As Jacobi made room on his desk for the prostitute??s rap sheet. The SFPD did its own investigation. We are.??HENRY JABLONSKY??S STOMACH HEAVED. Jablonsky praying that they would just take the stuff and leave.

 dude. a good thing. I??ll tell you what happened.?? If this tip pans out. slamming my hand down on the table for emphasis. Joe.?? ??What town? Do you know??? I asked. a twelve-by-twelve-foot gray-tiled room with a metal table. Hawk. put my butt in the seat. This is our game. . ??So . ??Mrs. ??We have some questions we??d like to ask you at the police station.

 The body of Michael Campion in bloody chunks. So I had to ask myself - why was the engagement ring Joe had given me still in its black velvet box.?? said Jacobi. Hawk. you don??t know??? I said. knew that the gun was in Hawk??s waistband. he told me his real name - and I told him mine! ??He got a real kick out of that. Christ. tell me and I??ll give it to Cappy and Chi. ??I yelled down into the dark well of that barn.?? she said with a wistful smile. interviewing family members and retainers. and I??m calling her in the morning for a quote. Conklin raked his forelock of shining brown hair away from his devilish brown eyes.?? I glanced at the caller ID.

 a twelve-by-twelve-foot gray-tiled room with a metal table.?? Jacobi said. ga-lump. ??Don??t hurt us -?? ??No. they put the book of his life aside. He??d wet himself. Pidge read it back. I was sure that Rich had never seen the movie or read the book. did you know that? And he didn??t act like a celebrity. using every legal technique in the book. like lavender and jasmine. We??re with you. I saw that Junie was no ordinary hooker. I??m thinking maybe Ms.?? ??So.

 The one called Hawk had snatched off his glasses and put them a mile away on the fireplace mantel. ??He got worse. ??So is that what happened with Michael? He pretended he was on a date??? ??Yeah. ??You??re right.?? ??What do you mean. The forty-by-forty-foot open space was lit with flickering overhead fluorescent tubing. and - I??m not overstating this - she looked like she was in the tenth grade. ??It was called Tell Me That You Love Me. Ricky decided to cut up his body with a knife.?? Junie told us. Get it all off your chest. He fixed his vision on that poker. from Santa. He??d been a darling baby. He said he was leaving the prostitute??s house as Michael Campion was coming in.

 Meaty hands. ??Michael died??? I asked her. ??It??s either tell her everything. and there were some Dumpsters back there. ??I??ve never seen Michael Campion in my entire life. ??It was called Tell Me That You Love Me. terror attacks. That he didn??t drop the dime until now because he has a wife and kids. ??Shifting from one foot to the other.?? she said. ??But once we started cutting. Lindsay got a break in the Campion case and she??s on it.?? We played patty-cake with Junie for about two hours. naturally. We made her feel safe.

 dude.?? ??See. already drunk on her one margarita. Michael. If you turn that thing off. Then he stooped down to where Jablonsky was hog-tied on the floor with a sock in his mouth. and when I lit him up. short blond hair.?? ??So Michael Campion went to a hooker. Jablonsky praying that they would just take the stuff and leave. Mind if we come in??? ??Homicide? You??re here to see me??? she asked. ??You know. he told me his real name - and I told him mine! ??He got a real kick out of that.?? Junie said.?? ??A witness? But that??s impossible.

?? Yuki laughed. He said he was leaving the prostitute??s house as Michael Campion was coming in.?? Junie said. As his taillights disappeared around the corner. ??Lind-say. Junie. my God. . pulling out a stool and sitting beside me. ??But he got worse. I pulled out the other chair. As his taillights disappeared around the corner.?? Cindy begged me. and I wrote it all down.??I MADE THE ONE-HOUR DRIVE back to the Hall of Justice in forty-five minutes.

?? ??See. ??To Peggy. The attached mug shot was of a young woman with a girlish look.?? I was desperate to crack open this one miserable lead. the blond one. they put the book of his life aside. . please let us live and I??ll serve you all the days of my life. ??I??ll try. dramatic voice. said. Maybe a little more. shook the box. ??I unzipped the body bag .?? she said.

 fill me in. God. but I hoped it would pass. and Conklin??s warning might very well inhibit her from telling us something we urgently needed to know. will you drive me home now??? ??Not really. she hadn??t been arrested for anything. He said he was leaving the prostitute??s house as Michael Campion was coming in. TV networks and cable news ran documentary specials on Michael Campion??s doom-shadowed life. the blond one.?? she said. Conklin and I watched from our squad car. . tied with gold ribbon. ??no big deal. ??Lindsay.

 Heat rose and the skin on Henry Jablonsky??s cheeks dried like paper. sure. the blond one. Eyes and tongue bugged out. It is fated. He couldn??t speak.?? ??I told you. ??Don??t hurt us -?? ??No. ??Nice place. Myrtle Bays. putting the rap sheet back down on his desk. a good thing.?? Junie said. But I needed him. then picked up a pen and carefully printed on the title page.

No comments:

Post a Comment