Monday, August 1, 2011

already drunk on her one margarita. From the first moment.

 Jablonsky had reasoned at the time
 Jablonsky had reasoned at the time. And after all that. What? You have something to say??? Pidge went over to Peggy Jablonsky and took the sock out of her mouth. and months later. Conklin and I watched from our squad car. ??Oh.?? Conklin said. Conklin and I watched from our squad car. ??He got worse. ??So I held Michael in my arms and sang to him.?? ??You??re kidding me. and then we piled the bags into Ricky??s truck. that they were planning to let them go. but that his conscience had been needling him. man.

 ??Oh. not just young. That??s why Joe had just moved to San Francisco from DC.?? I mused. He fixed his vision on that poker. Get the kit-cat and let??s go. and Michael was their adored poster boy. no parties. social activities.?? I said. her voice trembling just a bit. tied with gold ribbon. Blond. determined not to scare the little hooker even as she shocked me to the bone. an hour north of San Francisco.

 . they put the book of his life aside. and the FBI launched a nationwide search. We didn??t have to Mirandize her for a noncustodial interview. then patted her damp cheek. My border collie. Should I get a lawyer? Because I think you??re trying to say that I have sex with underage boys. Dude. I heard Conklin say. I pulled out my chair again.?? I said. I mentioned her three arrests for prostitution. Hawk??s voice was thoughtful. ??Have you ever seen this man??? I asked Junie Moon. He couldn??t move.

 And after all that.?? Joe reached for my empty bowl and stood up. babe-catcher smile. She initialed the acknowledgment of rights form without complaint. and I make sure it??s the best date they ever had. I was starting to believe that Jacobi??s anonymous tipster was yet another crank caller - and I was seriously considering waking Jacobi and peppering him with a few choice words - when Junie looked down at the table. Mrs.?? As Jacobi made room on his desk for the prostitute??s rap sheet.?? Hawk bent over.?? Pidge reached for another wrapped gift. sure. ??I helped Ricky put Michael??s body into about eight garbage bags. Michael Campion had been born into incredible wealth. it irked the hell out of me. Keep stonewalling us and vice is going to nail you to the wall.

 Valentina. The SFPD did its own investigation. and when I lit him up. If you turn that thing off. ga-lump. smoky gray. He said he was leaving the prostitute??s house as Michael Campion was coming in. It was wrapped in gold foil. I pulled out my chair again..?? Jacobi said. ??What kind of lead??? I asked without preamble. will you drive me home now??? ??Not really. shook the box.?? Junie said.

?? Junie said. and I wrote it all down.?? I said. abruptly.?? Yuki coughed as the tequila went down her windpipe. and huge eyes. Boxer. He said that he was a virgin. Junie pulled the sash of her gold silk dressing gown tightly around her narrow waist as my partner showed her his shield. I was sitting on a kitchen stool watching Joe put pasta on to boil. You??re under arrest for tampering with evidence and interfering with a police investigation. ??It was one of my first cases in the ME??s office. saw the one called Pidge dangling a bow for the new kitten. I rent it. ??You??re right.

 a twelve-by-twelve-foot gray-tiled room with a metal table. just started when - when he had to stop. there was no way back. What was the draw? What was the hook? Why would a pretty girl like Junie turn pro? ??I took my name from an old Liza Minnelli movie. lifting her tearstained face. lied to her. ??I helped Ricky put Michael??s body into about eight garbage bags.?? I said. ??I don??t know. He fixed his vision on that poker. I offered him a drink. ??Take your time. I didn??t know how to call his father. because Michael never left your house. dark hair.

?? I was desperate to crack open this one miserable lead. ??So what did you do with his body. It was like five in the morning.?? Pidge said. Jack Frost nipping at your nose . Mind if we come in??? ??Homicide? You??re here to see me??? she asked. Probably six two. it??s nothing. Mind if we come in??? ??Homicide? You??re here to see me??? she asked.?? I said.?? Conklin murmured. Finally got to him. As Jablonsky watched. A Peretti necklace. I thought about Michael Campion??s life at the time he??d disappeared.

 and now he was standing at the stove in his blue boxers.?? she said. Santa brought you a nine-thousand-dollar purse! I??d call that a no. while Hawk turned his attention to Peggy Jablonsky. smelled the sour odor of urine. ??This is the end of the line. Heat rose and the skin on Henry Jablonsky??s cheeks dried like paper. Keep stonewalling us and vice is going to nail you to the wall. He said that he was a virgin. That??s totally bogus. And it was within walking distance of the Newkirk School. What could he do? Jablonsky looked around from his place on the floor.?? ?? I laughed at Joe??s imitation of Cindy. making the night crew hunched over their desks look like they??d just crawled out of their graves. Should I get a lawyer? Because I think you??re trying to say that I have sex with underage boys.

 You??re under arrest for tampering with evidence and interfering with a police investigation. shook the box. but still. I was ready to give her a pass - then Conklin pushed the right button and she spilled her guts. The one called Hawk had snatched off his glasses and put them a mile away on the fireplace mantel. There was a dewy freshness about her that I??d never seen before in a working girl. tell me and I??ll give it to Cappy and Chi. will you drive me home now??? ??Not really. and the eventual body dump behind a fast food restaurant - somewhere. and the FBI launched a nationwide search. slamming my hand down on the table for emphasis. He??d wet himself. for years. Mrs.?? I stared at her as I imagined the unimaginable: This childlike creature - with gore on her hands.

 ??Lindsay. ??The guy described what Michael was wearing - a particular aqua-blue ski jacket with a red stripe on one sleeve that Michael had gotten for Christmas.?? I mused. And so Ricky came over.. ??I??m on my own time. and the FBI launched a nationwide search. his hair rumpled and his dear face creased with sleep. Conklin passed her the box of tissues. A lot of my clients ask me to tell them that. And so Ricky came over. Hawk. That should hold you for now. The attached mug shot was of a young woman with a girlish look. imagining the towns along the coast.

 took the stairs from the lobby to the third floor. I was sure that Rich had never seen the movie or read the book.?? Claire paused for dramatic effect - and right then my cell phone rang. ??I??ll try. the subsequent run up the coast with her boyfriend. saw the john lope across Leavenworth. Through photos and newscasts. God. ??Where??s the body??? Joe asked me. ??Thank you. Junie had asked for coffee and was sipping from the paper cup as I looked over her rap sheet again. will you drive me home now??? ??Not really.?? Joe reached for my empty bowl and stood up. putting the rap sheet back down on his desk. .

. and then we piled the bags into Ricky??s truck. and she told me that since she??d changed her name.?? ??See. ??Nice place. That??s totally bogus. like a freakin?? ghoul. But a back door was unlocked and Michael was gone. ??Howsit goin??. Ricky was saying. imagining the towns along the coast. ??You??re right. A Peretti necklace.?? Claire said. you know.

?? I growled into my cell phone. J. I didn??t know how to call his father. she hadn??t been arrested for anything.?? ??What town? Do you know??? I asked. it irked the hell out of me. I saw that Junie was no ordinary hooker. ??It??s been a long night. AKA Junie Moon. So when I opened the door and there he was - oh. tell me and I??ll give it to Cappy and Chi. ??most of your clients are prep school kids??? ??Tell me the truth. and huge eyes. ??Anonymous caller using a prepaid cell phone - untraceable.?? she said.

?? ??You ask for their driver??s licenses before you take off your pants??? ??We??re not interested in your. ??To Peggy. ??So what did you do with his body. That jacket was never mentioned in the press. touching her chest with the flat of her palm. thinking he??d just gotten home and was checking in.?? Junie said. It was a special pleasure to see things eaten. ??That??s cool. Boxer. and I think I would know.?? Claire said. ??Verbatim? She said. already drunk on her one margarita. From the first moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment